A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hunting with the NAA Mini-Master

A great letter from a reader. Thanks Steve!

Here's a story I think you'll appreciate. Among other things, I'm a small farmer. A few days ago I had fence work to do on the lower pasture, and I decided to bring my holstered Ruger Single Six along on the chance that I saw or heard some squirrels. Sure enough, one started barking not far from where I was working. I interrupted my chore, and slipped down through some cedars. The squirrel got a bit nervous and laid out on a branch, fortunately where I could just make him out. My shot was true, and down he came. It was a long shot for me, over 20 yards with the original blocky open sights. He was young, and we decided to try fricasseeing him in gravy. Delicious! It astounds me how good food from a few simple ingredients can be.

This is just the sort of utility that I envision for the Mini Master, not that I don't enjoy target shooting and plinking. The ability to hunt on the spur of the moment can be very rewarding. The Mini Master, with its small size, durability, and reliability, could fulfill this niche very well. What remains is an assessment of the gun's inherent accuracy, and a sighting system that takes full advantage of it. 

(I'm working on it Steve ~Bob)

Bob, feel free to forward this comments to NAA if you see fit. I appreciate what you do and will check on your blog.

Cheers, Steve T

No comments: