A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Concealed Carry and the NAA Mini-Master

I've been carrying the Mini-Master on me since its arrival, and I'm happy to report that this small revolver is effortless to conceal carry. The 4" barrel fits easily into my front pants pocket and the length elevates the grips right to the top of the pocket edge; low enough so it can't be seen but high enough to get my hand on if I feel the need. It's so light that I can walk around with it all day and totally forget I'm carrying. That isn't true of any other handgun that I own.

It's true that a 22magnum doesn't throw a lot of lead, but I have no doubt that if I have to use it, whomever it's pointed at after taking the first round is going to think twice about receiving another, if they're still standing that is. I went on YouTube and watched a movie of a 22mag going through a watermelon. It didn't make it explode like some bigger calibers, but it sure created a major exit wound.

Of course there will be times when a single action rimfire revolver just isn't enough, and I'll feel more comfortable carrying my 38 with Crimson Trace lasergrip on board. But unlike some, I don't carry at all times. The Mini-Master fills that gap with a nice alternative to an empty pocket. Before heading out the door, drop the lightweight revolver into your pocket and forget about it. Hopefully you'll never need to use it, but if there's trouble, you'll have something on you with a lot more stopping power than a pocket full of spare change. Once you get your hands on a Mini-Master, I think you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. Now that I have the 4" barrel, I'm beginning to think how nice it would be to also have the 2" version for deep cover carry.

No comments: