A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Monday, November 2, 2009

NAA PUG holsters


 The belt clip (inside the waistband)

 Inside the pocket model with ammo pocket

I contacted NAA and asked them what holsters were available for the PUG. Though the PUG is very small, in the pants pocket it's sometimes possible to see the outline of the gun, and that's a no-no when it comes to concealed carry. Also, it can rotate into a position which can make it difficult to draw. Some states require that handguns be holstered.

I have two holsters for the PUG. One goes inside the waste-band and the other in the pocket. I'm happy to report that both worked well and solved my problem. The inside the pocket model also has a small pocket for additional ammo and the tiny leather holster fits the gun nicely. It also keeps the grip up and the barrel down, which is important. Both sell for around $30 each.

I especially liked the inside the waste-band model. It too is leather and tightly grips the gun. It easily slips into the waste-band and the metal clip locks over the belt. The thing I like about this type of holster is should you need to draw it, the holster stays put and doesn't come out with the gun. If you have no way to cover your waste-band, the other model is the way to go. Either way, in my opinion they both do the job well.


11/22/09 UPDATE

I just wanted to let you know that I can't say enough about the pug with the waste-band model holster. Once it's on it's so light and comfortable that I sometimes totally forget that it's there. I've been known to come home tired and fall asleep with it on. The gun is securely tucked in the holster so I'm not afraid of it falling out or the hammer coming back. I'm now looking into getting a 22LR cylinder so I can carry it as a backup in CT WMA's.



No comments: