A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Monday, April 5, 2010

'Manly Magnums'

I just sent this letter to Ken at NAA ~Bob

Hi Ken,

Are you aware of 'The Last Round' column at the very end of this month's SHOOTING TIMES magazine (May 2010, pg 74)? I'm guessing you're in on it, but just in case, the article is called 'Manly Magnums'. It's a story about a kid who goes mountain lion hunting with a farmer who hunts them with a revolver. He assumed it was a 44mag, but was shocked to discover that it was just a .22 Magnum. Immediately NAA came to mind and I thought I should send you a heads up. The funny part is that as soon as I thought that, the next paragraph read:

"Over the years I've had much use for the .22 Magnum in handguns. One of my favorites is the North American Arms revolver in .22 Magnum, which I've found to be an ultra-concealable, little defense gun perfect for situations that prohibit the use of a larger handgun. This tiny little revolver generates a great deal of power even in its short barrel. I've relied on it many times- and will likely do so again."

I actually found that quite comforting since I walk through an area daily where there have been mountain lion sightings. I carry the PUG with me, and it's nice to know that someone has brought down mountain lions with a .22 Mag. Here's the link to the story:


No comments: