A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bagged my first chuck of 2010


By 9am I saw 10 rabbits, a deer, a chuck and a squirrel. The area that was flooded earlier in the year is basically still lifeless. I am very pleased with the increased rabbit population, and bagging my first chuck of the season which was an excellent way to start my 4th of July holiday weekend. The rifle used was my HENRY 22LR Pioneer with the octagon barrel. Ammo: Aguila SuperExtra. Have a great weekend!

P.S. In case you're wondering, the scratches on the receiver came from a spill I took on some wet rocks. I contacted Henry Repeating Arms and they shipped me a replacement receiver cover free of charge. One of the drawbacks of a painted aluminum alloy receiver is that when it's scratched it is very noticeable, unlike steel which can be blued and adds character to the gun.

No comments: