A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Friday, September 3, 2010

My first squirrel of 2010


This was my first time out during the 2010 squirrel season. I was on vacation Wednesday and at 37,000 ft, so I missed opening day this year. Day 2 was in the mid 90's with oppressive humidity, so I worked on mounting my scope and quickly sighting it in. Even though it was a bit cooler today, it couldn't get more humid. Being covered up to keep from being eaten alive by bugs in the swamp, I could only hunt a couple of hours. My goal was to bag a squirrel dedicated to my nephew's son who lives in Washington State. He's chomping at the bit to get his own 22LR and start hunting. This one's for you Alexander.

No comments: