A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shooting the Henry AR-7 Survival Rifle


I'm pleased to report that the Henry AR-7 rifle has shot flawlessly so far without a single jam. I'm giving this featherweight rifle an 'A' rating, and I'm really looking forward to getting a small scope and a hi-cap mag for it.





First Impressions - The Henry H002B AR-7 Survival Rifle 


Just received the Henry AR-7 and it's even nicer than I had expected. The camo is beautiful. It assembles in a minute with no tools. It's nicely balanced and appears to be very easy to shoot. I just put together a quick video on my first impressions. Field testing will begin Saturday. This will be fun.

I took an extra 1/2 hour for lunch today and made it into the local WMA. I fired off two magazines of CCI's and the Henry AR-7 shot as smooth as butter. The factory set sights were right on target. No jamming of any kind. I couldn't be happier with its performance and the feel of this rifle. This is going to be a long week at work, just waiting to get in the woods with it Saturday.

Anthony Imperato sent me the following email today in response to this post:

"We made significant changes, improvements etc. and the issue with the reliability that dates back to the guns beginning in 1959 no longer applies. This is the best variation of the AR-7 ever made. Its reliable. Use any good brand of ammo, USA made or foreign, all will be okay. The gun seems to function best with high to hyper velocity."

~Anthony Imperato, President, Henry Repeating Arms



No comments: