A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Henry Sling for the H001T




I'm currently having a Henry sling installed on my H001T Frontier Model Octagon rifle. I'm having my gunsmith do it so that I don't end up hacking it up. I'll post photos as soon as I get the rifle back. The objective is to free up my hands when hunting through the snow this year. As you can see from the photo, the sling is beautiful with an embossed logo and soft padding under the leather. This is top quality by DeSantis, who also made the beautiful holster for my Ruger .380. Here's a link to the product for more details and to order one.

There's also a link on the Henry page to the swivel kit that's required. The lower sections screws into the stock and the upper mounts to the loading tube. It seems like a lot of weight put on that tube, but it must work or Henry wouldn't be selling it. Check back soon to see what it looks like and to read my product review.

UPDATE 


The sling came in and it is AMAZINGLY comfortable. My only question is why the heck I didn't buy one of these years ago? When it's cold and I'm shooting a .22, I wear a full glove on my left hand and a leather one with cut-off fingers on the right. That way I can easily cock the hammer and reload without removing the glove. The only problem is that the right hand does get cold when I'm carrying the rifle, so it was nice today to be able to keep the right hand in a pocket to stay warm. To sum this sling up, it's beautiful, well padded, comfortable and it nicely distributes the weight of the rifle making it almost seem to disappear. If you shoot a Henry octagon which can get heavy after an hour or so into a hunt, I recommend not putting off getting and installing a DeSantis sling made for your Henry. Here's some photos I took today.



No comments: