A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, January 14, 2012

My First Mini-Gun Kill with the NAA Sheriff set up for LR


This holster worked much better than I thought it would. It held the revolver securely, was very light and it stayed out of the way.


This is the first squirrel I ever bagged with a mini-gun set up with a .22LR cylinder. I spotted this squirrel at about 40 yards out and hid behind a tree. I have no idea why, but it headed directly towards me and stood up on its hind legs right on the opposite side of the tree. Since I have a scope on my rifle, I quietly put it down, pulled the revolver, took a step out and shot. The squirrel went airborn and hobbled into a pile a debris created by a fallen tree. It took me 10-15 minutes to pull apart the mass of leaves and branches until was able to locate the blood trail. When I saw the gray tail I reached in and grabbed it. The squirrel turned around to nail me, so I shot it with two rounds until it stopped moving.


If I were looking for a primary squirrel hunting handgun, I suggest the Ruger .17HMR SingleSix. But as a light backup or a survival gun, this little NAA revolver seems to do the trick. next I'm looking forward to taking the gun to the range to punch holes in paper to see what it can really do and to shoot some magnums through it.

No comments: