A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Take Your Daughter to the Range Day 2012


When a dad really loves doing something, there's nothing better than sharing that experience with his children. Considering all the fun I have hunting and shooting, it always surprised and disappointed me that my kids never showed much interest in the shooting sports. It may be because kids today have so many options available to entertain them. Shooting holes in paper has a hard time competing with movies and video games that consist on non-stop action.

I am pleased that as my kids get older, they are beginning to come around. Last year I brought Erin and her friend Sarah to the range for the first time and they got to shoot everything from a .22 pistol to a .357 Magnum revolver. Needless to say they had a great time. Since then both Erin and Sarah have shown a real interest in getting their pistol permits. 

My son Jamie who's a few years younger is also beginning to become more interested and will come shooting with me from time to time. I'm hopeful that as they mature, both will develop a love for shooting like their dear 'ol dad. I want my kids to be able to defend themselves, their home, family, and nation.


'Take Your Daughter to the Range Day' was a great idea to get the kids out to spend the afternoon with their dad. Wonderful memories are created and I believe that most kids can't help but learn to love the sport. I've yet to take an adult to the range who said, "I really don't like this". In fact, it's always, "We need to go again!".  And what better way to bond a father and daughter together than to shoot zombies in the head on a beautiful afternoon?!


My beautiful daughter Erin

Memories of hunting and plinking with my brother beginning when I was 12 brought me back to hunting and shooting later in life. It's my hope that the seeds I plant today will fully take root and bloom as the kids mature, and that they will pass on this great American tradition onto my grandchildren. 

I hope you were able to take your daughter to the range today. If not, mark it on your calendar for next year!

Special thanks to my buddy Dirk Files for inviting us to shoot at his club today!

https://www.ammoland.com/2012/02/national-take-your-daughter-to-the-range-day/#axzz4hxQWHGrt





No comments: