A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Speed Beez Speed Loader, Loading Block and Box


This is my original Otter-Box case, but it has since been changed to an easy-open design.

The Speed Beez .22 speed loader next to standard .38 Special loaders.

If you shoot a revolver at the range, this speed-loader is a must. I have speed loaders for my .38 Special but the Speed Beez loaders are in a class of their own. My regular speed loaders are basically made of polymer with a cheap aluminum knob. Speed Beez are solid aluminum and are so beautifully machined and finished that I keep one in my glass display case. I'm guessing that the two-tone loader (brass-color upper and black lower) are made of anodized aluminum. What makes this loader unique is that its designed to work with a loading block. Open the precision-made box and enclosed is a solid polymer block with holes that can be pre-loaded, which virtually eliminates ammunition handling at the range. If you're like me, you sometimes pay for range time by the hour and I'd rather spend my time shooting instead of loading. If you carry multiple loaded blocks, you simply click your loader on a ring of ammo, insert it into your revolver, click and shoot. It literally takes only seconds. My first case was made by Otter-Box, but I reported to the company that the clasps were so tight that the box was difficult to open and close. I guess I wasn't the only one with the problem because they soon changed to a new design which now effortlessly opens and locks closed. My daughter and her friend are in the process of getting their pistol permits, so I'm getting her started by giving her my Ruger LCR .22 w/ Crimson Trace laser installed, plus the Speed Beez loader, case and two loading blocks. I've taken the girls to the range and this loading system made the shoot so much more fun. Reloading my .38 snubby is slow, so I'm planning to pick up a Speed Beez loading system for the Ruger LCR.  http://www.speedbeez.com/product-category/speed-loaders/38357-speedloaders/ruger-lcr-5-shot-38357/

Below is the link for the .22 loader.

No comments: