A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Range: 7/20/2014 - Jamie and Allie shoot Henrys



 Jamie and Allie

Today I went shooting with my son Jamie and his girlfriend Allie. Allie is new to shooting rifles so there's no better way to ease someone into the shooting sports than with a Henry rifle. Allie shot the Henry pump and lever action .22's, as well as a Henry Big Boy .44 Magnum for contrast. That proved to be a bit much for her, but she can now say she shot one. One problem I noticed is that she was shooting with the wrong eye. When I asked her about it she said she couldn't close that eye without the other eye closing as well. I noticed that my nephew's son had a similar issue when I went shooting with him, though I believe he has the ability to close one eye at a time. We'll need to work this out, but until then I may have to buy an eye patch and turn her into a pirate. Aye!

No comments: