A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Henry Small Game Carbine

I recently picked up a Henry Small Game Carbine. I have a feeling Henry Repeating Arms they got this idea from me, because for years I've been showing them photos of my Henry rifles with Skinner peep sights installed. In fact, I have Skinners on just about every rifle I own. These sights make target acquisition very quick because lining up your sights becomes a thing of the past. This is the first Henry that I know of that now comes with Skinner sights as a stock item. The rifle also features a heavy octagon barrel which keeps the bullet true as the barrel begins to heat. Also a large loop to accommodate winter gloves (as well as looking cool). I'll be posting more photos in coming days.

The Henry comes with a Picatinny rail formed into the top of the alloy receiver. I install a Bushnell red dot for close-range small game hunting.

When I know those shots will likely be longer, I swap out the red dot with my BSA scope. It's very inexpensive at only $50, but it has served me wall for years and has a parallax correction ring for those close shots. This was the first cotton tail I bagged with this new rifle.




No comments: