A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Wecome!

It was a day like any other. The jobs were stacked high, deadlines tight and the pressure was on. The day had passed quickly as do most. It would soon be time to leave, and soon the day would repeat itself. For a few moments I escaped from the office, thinking about the great times I had as a kid hunting with my brother. Beginning at age 12, we would hit the woods with our rifles and shotguns, enjoying the day hunting small game and pheasant. Memories took me back to an early winter squirrel hunt. A light snow had fallen and we spotted a group of squirrels circling the top of a tree. Taking a seat, we lit up our smokes, scanned the branches and quietly waited. Within half an hour we left with 2 grays in the bag and a memory that would last the next thirty years. That day in work it dawned on me how much I missed that part of my life and I made the decision to take it back. That day launched this blog, journaling my small adventures in the woods, fun at the range, lessons learned reloading, and the good people I have met. Welcome to SquirrelHunter!

No comments: