A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Skinner Sights

I like to plug the products that I use and like, and warn you of things that simply don't work. Skinner Sights are at the top of my list of great products that work. Over the years I've installed them on just about every Henry rifle I've owned, center or rimfire, plus a Browning SA-22.

Skinners are especially good for guys like me who wear progressive lenses. Putting a good peep sight on a rifle eliminates the need to line up both a front and rear iron sight which is difficult with this type of lens. Instead, you instinctively look through the hole in the rear sight and only focus on your front sight, which of course is where your focus should be directed anyway. Target acquisition is much faster and hitting the bullseye is more consistent with less room for error.

Below are some of the rifles I've owned over the past ten years with their mounted Skinners. In the past I've posted so many photos of my small game hunts with Skinners on my Henry's that Henry Repeating Arms finally came out with their own small game carbine (see last photo) with Skinners as standard equipment. I think they should have named the rifle after me!


Skinners on the Henry Pump .22

Skinners on the Browning SA-22

Skinners on the Henry Big Boy .357 and .44 Magnums

The Big boys and the Browning


Skinners come stock with the Henry .22 carbine. 

No comments: