A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Monday, September 12, 2016

Another benefit of Quiet hunting


The area I hunted today is a WMA (Wildlife Management Area), which is state owned hunting property. Since open land is so valuable in Connecticut, many WMAs are surrounded by expensive homes, often owned by people who are not a friend of the hunter. In the past I've been stopped by harassing residents and the DEEP who the neighbors have called in. Every resident I've encountered over the years had no idea that squirrel hunting is legal in September and woodchucks and coyote can be hunted just about year-round.

With the Quiet 22, they don't even know that I'm out there, and that's the way I like it.

No comments: