A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Friday, December 2, 2016

A gift from my brother

My brother Doug in Vietnam

About 2 weeks before Doug passed away he told me that when he died he wanted me to have his Browning .22 semi-auto. I wish it never came to this, but today I received his rifle. This Browning was manufactured in the early 1960's in Belgium. It has no serial number on it so the police told my niece (who's a police officer) that I didn't need to register it. Zoom in on the engraving and you'll see that everything has been cut by hand. Amazing. No routing in those days. Doug bought this rifle when I was a teen and I remember going on one squirrel hunt with him where he carried the rifle. My brother was mostly a pheasant hunter, and he rarely if ever shot on a range so I bet this rifle hasn't been shot a dozen times. The one stipulation that was attached to receiving it was that I would never sell it, and that it would be passed down to my son when I die. Thanks brother. I'll think of you every time I see this rifle.





No comments: