A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Sunday, January 15, 2017

1/15/2017 Hunt. My second hunt using the GoPro and the Henry .22 Carbine.

Sorry that the audio is weak in this video. I'm working on the problem.

This is my second squirrel hunt using a GoPro. I'm not sure this is the way I want to go on future hunts, but it is an interesting experiment. In this video I take a crack at a squirrel with my Henry .22 Carbine. The shot is at a distance and there are no kills shown, so the squeamish can come along for the ride. 

Since the GoPro is encased in a waterproof case, it subdues the audio so I added a narration. Sorry about the volume change, but this is a problem that I need to work through. Notice that the linear distortion is no longer a problem. Slowly but surely these videos will get better. So grab your Henry and come along on the hunt!

Rifle: Henry .22 Carbine.
Ammo: CCI MiniMags

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great video! Looking forward to seeing more next squirrel season. Are you planning to hunt coyote during the summer?

Bob Rich said...

I'm not sure. I've been looking for signs of coyote where I normally hunt and I've come up dry. My brother-in-law who lives in WA state was having a real problem with coyotes, so I packed up my calls, sprays and the rest and sent it to him. He and his buddy did bag a couple with their 22s. He's recently returned my gear so I could go out if I see any trace of them. I do plan to woodchuck hunt this summer, so while I'm out there I'll also be looking for coyote scat, dead uneaten moles on the path and similar evidence. I'll post if I see anything. Thanks for following the blog.