A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Monday, January 23, 2017

1/23/2017 The Henry .22 Golden Boy

New Henry Golden Boy next to one of my paintings



I picked up the new Henry .22 Golden Boy on the way home from work today. I'm like a kid at Christmas when I get a new gun, so before I took off my jacket, I unpacked the rifle and grabbed a scope and a set of rings I had kicking around my basement. Within a half hour the cantilever scope mount was installed and the scope was mounted to it. Next the LaserLite green laser went into the barrel, I opened the basement door and dialed the scope onto the laser's green dot that glowed on a tree trunk about 35 yards out. A few twists of the adjustment knobs and it was dead on. I'll try to verify the shot before I hunt Saturday, but I'm likely only an inch or so off. Check back over the weekend to see how I do hunting with it.

No comments: