A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Monday, January 30, 2017

1/30/2017 New lower scope mount on the Henry Golden Boy .22

I took the day off from work today due to an appointment at the VA Hospital this morning. I was out by noon so I stopped at home, grabbed the Henry .22 Golden Boy and headed for the woods. Notice that I switched the scope rings out to a low profile set I picked up at WalMart for about $9. I sighted the scope in with my laserLyte green laser last night, then dropped the green dot about 2" since that was about how high it was shooting the last time I mounted the scope. I tested the new mount today by setting up a half dozen little one shot whisky bottles I found lying around in the area. 6 bullets, 6 holes dead center in the plastic bottles. Dead nuts with no adjustment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob. Question. Does the reflective deceiver have any negative effects when squirrel hunting? Did it ever give away your location? Thanks.