A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Universal Dunk-Kit Gun Cleaning Solution


I've been cleaning all of my guns for at least six years with Universal Dunk-Kit. Over that time I've had two four-gallon buckets of cleaning solution and I'm still using it. Once a year I buy a new bucket and pour off the remaining liquid into it, leaving about 1/2" of sediment at the bottom which I toss out. This stuff isn't cheap, but neither are those tiny bottles of Hoppes No. 9. I went on Amazon and the best deal I could find on Hoppes is $12.84 for a 32 oz bottle. There's 16 bottles worth of cleaner in 4 gal. of Dunk-Kit. Do the calculations and 4 gal. of Hoppe's goes for $205.44. The same amount of Dunk-Kit sells for $189.95. There's not a big price difference, but Dunk-Kit is cheaper and it doesn't stink and evaporate like Hoppe's. In my opinion it's the way to go.

"Dunk-Kit was developed by a friend of mine who is an old-time pistol shooter. He developed Dunk-Kit some years ago to thoroughly and quickly clean his .45 and .22 target guns. He brought me a gallon of Dunk-Kit and asked me to try it and give him some feedback on how I thought it worked. To say the least, its the best damn gun cleaner Ive found."

No comments: