A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Saturday, December 31, 2016

FIRST LOOK - Oversized Rosewood Grip for NAA .22 Magnums


Here's my .22 Magnum with standard grips installed. These grips are excellent when you want a revolver that you can throw in your pocket and go. On the right is my new set of Oversized Rosewood Grips, Model GRW-M. Below is the same gun with new grips installed.

I was very surprised to discover that when I threw the gun in the pocket of my cargo pants, if didn't feel any bigger at all. Another benefit is that when I put my hand in my pocket to grab the revolver, it was easier to get my hands on, and pointed in the correct direction. Of course a pocket holster is always recommended. On top of being beautiful, they  greatly improve the function of the gun, which makes these grips well worth the small price of thirty five bucks.

Check back for the upcoming range test to see if the grips improve shooting accuracy.

In my opinion the little .22 Magnum now feels similar to a J-Frame .38 Special!

The grips do no impact my existing holsters.
The rosewood finish is flawless and these photos don't do them justice.


1 comment:

Bob Rich said...

I wish I had the .22LR cylinder for this gun so I could carry it into the woods with me when I'm hiking through my hunting area. .22 Mags are not legal to hunt with in CT's WMAs (State land - Wildlife management Areas). I highly recommend buying these guns with both cylinders because if you want one later, the entire gun needs to be shipped to NAA so they can time the cylinder. I would have bought both but Cabela's only had this one gun in stock and it didn't come with the second cylinder.