A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Friday, March 4, 2016

George Brooks' custom-made NAA PUG!

I found this post in my archive, so I'm posting it again in case you missed it. I love these little NAA revolvers. So does George Brooks. Check out what he did with his...

Hi, my name is George Brooks. I live just north of you in MASS. I have enjoyed reading your blog very much. I thought you might be interested in my home made sort of PUG. In MASS. we can only own NAA MINI'S built before 1998..so there was no way to get a PUG..So I bought a MINI-MASTER and made my own. Here is what it looks like..hope you enjoy the photo! Again great blog!!



..OK, The PUG being newer than 1998 has to pass this crazy safety test....or it can not be sold in the State..Most gun Co. have chose just not to sell them in the state rather than jump through hoops for the state...So till NAA submits guns to be tested...no NAA'S built after 98.. I have been in love with these little guys for awhile, but they are SUPER RARE here!! Well I finally found one on G.B...I won the bidding on a convertible MM..but wanted a pug!! #1 I cut the bbl to a hair over 1.5" #2 I squared off the bbl face. #3 re-crowned the bbl. #4 re-finished the gun to a high gloss polish. #5 I used the old front sight to make a filler block for the rear sight dovetail...now I got my PUG-LIKE NAA..plus mine is a convertible! I also prefer Un-fluted cyl..look much cleaner and stought. I think this covers it...George Brooks

Check out the overlay that I did below with two of my NAAs, a PUG over the MiniMaster. You have to look closely at the bottom photo to see that it's a picture of 2 guns; one over the other. They are manufactured almost exactly the same.

 I wonder if this conversion is legal in CT since when you purchase a handgun the barrel length is recorded on the form. I'd recommend checking into your state's laws before attempting this modification.


Click photo for a closer look

No comments: