A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Regarding Choke Tubes for the Henry H018-410 Shotgun

The Henry H018-410 shotgun comes with a 'full pattern invector choke'. The manual says, "Slugs are not recommended with the factory full choke". They also say not to use reloads in their centerfire rifles, but I think most of us do. But I think I'd take their advice on this one since a full choke could interfere with the path of the slug.

I just did a quick search for choke tubes. Browning makes the 'invector' chokes we need and they go for as much as $75 each. I found the best price on eBay for the same tube at $27.69 (which includes shipping). I ordered the 'Browning stainless improved cylinder'. It should easily give me the clearance I need to shoot slugs. Don't shoot slugs without a choke tube installed or you'll destroy the choke threads. Choke tubes make excellent Father's Day gifts. At least that's what I told my wife.


7 comments:

Christopher Bankston said...

I just bought a set of 4 chokes for the Henry H018 410. I bought model 9410 winchester invector chokes. Set includes Improved Cylinder, Modified, Full and Skeet. Paid $30.00 for the set with free shipping on ebay.. I'll take out my Henry choke and replace it with the Winchester, till Henry offers their own set

Bob Rich said...

That's a deal! Wish I saw that earlier.

Bob Rich said...

I wonder how much difference there is in choke quality between brands?

Christopher Bankston said...

Guy selling 2 more sets on ebay right now.. one is auction the other is buy it now.. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/401332562787.

Bob Rich said...

Thanks Christopher, but I'm watching The Longest Day with my wife.

Anonymous said...

Bad news for me... I bought the set of Wenchester 9410 chokes for my Henry 410. And they do not fit the thread patterns is different... I requested a refund... Bob when you get your choke in can you let us know how it fits??

Thanks

Bob Rich said...

That stinks! Sure, I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.