A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Ariel's First Shoot


My niece's daughter Ariel just sent me a couple of short videos of her first shoot, and you know there's not much that pleases me more than seeing family and friends learn to shoot. Usually girls start out with a .22, but Ariel started with a .45, or at least that's what she's shooting in the videos that I received. Look at how well she's controlling that firearm. Too many times I see first time women shooters handed a small gun, like a J-frame .38 Special. Those small revolvers send all the recoil back to the shooter's hands, where a larger handgun like a .45 absorbs a great deal of the shock. You did great Ariel, and I hope someday you can shoot with Erin and I.

If you think you're a tough guy because you shoot a gun, check out what Ariel now does in her free time; hanging way the heck up in the air from a piece of fabric! You're an awesome girl Ariel. I look forward to seeing where your new shooting hobby takes you.

No comments: