A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My childhood Ithica M-49



He I am back around 1970 with my single shot lever action .22. I never could remember what rifle it was, but Ithica came to mind this morning and the photo was shot around 1970. My older brother gave me the rifle when he bought the Browning which I received last year when he died. No need for rifle ranges in those days. Connecticut was the sticks. We'd find a clay pond, climb to the top of the surrounding hills, throw a can in the water and start blasting. Those were some great memories. Today if I ever tried that I'd be surrounded by police cars, arrested, my guns would be confiscated and I'd lose my pistol permit. In my opinion life here was much better then.


 I just did some searching and it looks like I found it. It's an Ithica M-49. I clearly remember that loading gate at the top of the receiver. I see them all over for sale cheap. I need to buy another for memory's sake.

No comments: