A blog by Bob Rich. Squirrel Hunting, Henry Rifles, Reloading, Range Shooting and More!

WARNING. THIS BLOG PAGE CONTAINS PHOTOS OF LEGALLY HARVESTED SMALL GAME. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE LEAVE AND VISIT disney.com

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Spent some quality time today with my rifles

My wife and kids asked me what I wanted for Father's Day. I usually ask for ammo or something similar, but this year I asked for range time. It's expensive around here to shoot at a private range; $34 for the day. Add ammo and targets and a 4 hour shoot could run well over $100. So this year everyone gave me cash. I know it seems strange, but I will be able to spend some quality time the way some women would enjoy going to a spa. Give me the smell of burning gunpowder any day.


Today I took a bit of that money, used a much needed vacation day and headed to the range. It's something I haven't done in about a year! With this year's back surgery, I've had to lay low. Even today I had to limit myself to shooting .22s.

Since I'll be hunting with the Henry 410 this season, I thought I'd remove the scopes from my rifles and return them to a more standard look and feel. So today I brought 3 Henry's to the range, along with my M&P 15-22. I put a green laser in them and roughly adjusted the sights. Today I would get to see where the POI actually is.

During that time I sighted in the M&P 15-22, The Henry Golden Boy .22, Henry pump action .22, and the Henry .22 Carbine. I actually accomplished something today, though there is still some work to be done. Videos to come

No comments: